We are delighted to be able to share our Ofsted report with you, which we feel reflects very well on our school. We can officially say that St John’s continues to be a good school.
What we do well:
“Your collective determination to drive further improvement, promote innovation and to provide staff with appropriate support and challenge is evident.”
Learning and teaching
- Diversity is celebrated and all members of the community are equally valued, cared for and supported
- Pupils show very positive attitudes to learning
- The teaching was purposeful and clear
- Highly effective teaching means that current pupils progress well through key stage 1.
- There is a very strong and consistent focus on Christian values. Pupils show respect for others and work well together
- Pupils gain confidence in a nurturing environment with high expectations
- Pupils are well prepared academically and socially for their next steps in education.
- The Science leader’s determination to provide a stimulating and challenging curriculum has transformed science teaching and learning
- A culture of safeguarding permeates the school
- Staff know the pupils very well and are alert to any concerns, which they follow up swiftly
- The parent support advisor works effectively with families and children experiencing difficulties
- Parents, staff and pupils are united in their view that pupils are safe in school
- Pupils are confident that any concerns about bullying will be followed up rapidly and effectively
- The Inclusion leader tracks the progress of vulnerable pupils carefully
- Pupil premium funding is used to support high quality interventions designed to meet pupils’ needs
- Assessments show accelerating progress by disadvantaged pupils across the curriculum, including the most able.
- Senior and middle leaders show passion, subject expertise and are successful in addressing areas for improvement
- The leadership team has improved further the good quality of education in the school seen at the last inspection
- Leadership of the school at all levels is now strong.
- Strengthening feedback to pupils to ensure that it is sufficiently challenging
- Raising the standard of writing across the school and reading for the most able
Parent and Pupil Comments
‘The school is obviously growing in stature and we are delighted that our child is here.’ – Parent
‘I believe my son is making good progress because of the diligence of his teachers.’ – Parent
‘Teachers always go that extra mile.’ – Parent
‘Lessons are fun’ – Pupil
‘Bullying is very rare and is tackled quickly because adults listen to us’. – Pupil