As the Parent Support Advisor at St John’s, my role is mainly about supporting families to get the very best from school by providing support, advice and information. I can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behavior, attendance or any concerns you may have about general family life. You can normally find me before and after school in the playground, or if I’m not there, ask someone in the office to leave a message for me.
I am here every day and always happy to talk to you!
Jane Smith – PSA, St John’s CE Primary School
- Support parents in engaging with their child’s learning
- Support parents in developing their parenting skills
- Provide information, guidance and signposting
- Work with parents and carers to try and help with issues around their children’s wellbeing in school
- Supporting parents and carers to get the most out of school and to make sure their children are safe and happy
- Offering 1:1 support either in school, or I can visit you at home
- Listening to parents and carers and giving confidential support and guidance
- Providing information about other relevant services
- Helping parents with attendance issues
- Facilitating relevant workshops and coffee mornings
- Supporting parents through transitions